Nashville, Tennessee based Crowned Heads announces new cigar line set to compliment previously released lines Headley Grange and Four Kicks.
As first reported by Cigar Aficionado, the new cigar line – referred to as the J.D. Howard Reserve – is based upon notorious American out-law Jesse James.
One little known fact about Jessi James was that he and brother Frank moved to Nashville, Tennessee – which happens to be where Crowned Heads is head-quartered. Between 1876 and 1879 Jesse and Frank James assumed hidden identities under the aliases of Thomas Howard and B.J. Woodson. (source: Wikipedia)
Like all previous Crowned Heads offerings, the J.D. Howard Reserve will be made by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo (EPC) out of his Dominican Republic factory. There will be five (5) vitolas produced – here are the blend details:
- Name: J.D. Howard Reserve
- Brand: Crowned Heads
- Origin: Dominican Republic
- Factory: Ernesto Perez-Carrillo’s Tabacalera La Alianza S.A.
- Wrapper: Brazilian Arapiraca
- Binder: Ecuadorian Sumatra
- Filler: Nicaraguan
- HR48 - 5 x 48 Thin Robusto
- HR54 - 5 x 54 Fat Robusto
- HR50 - 5-5/8 x 50 Perfecto
- HR46 - 6 x 46 Corona Gorda
- HR52 - 6 x 52 Toro
NOTE: Due to the shape, there will be fewer HR50 perfectos produced.
Source: Photo for this release was taken from www.crownedheads.com