On February 18th, we first brought you information on US House Bill H.R. 792 (113th Congress) – since then we have continued to provide periodic updates on where things stand with gaining co-sponsors from local state representatives. Today that co-sponsor total stands at 39.
Since our last March 7 update, the following twelve (12) representatives have joined our cause:
- Madeleine Bordallo [D-Guam]
- Mario Diaz-Balart [R-FL District 25]
- Cory Gardner [R-CO District 4]
- Mark Meadows [R-NC District 11]
- John Mica [R-FL District 7]
- David Roe [R-TN District 1]
- James Sensenbrenner [R-WI District 5]
- Kevin Yoder [R-KS District 3]
- Virginia Foxx [R-NC District 5]
- Ken Calvert [R-CA District 42]
- Brett Guthrie [R-KY District 2]
- Mike McIntyre [D-NC District 7]
As we’ve said before, more help is clearly needed if we are to return to the success levels we had under previous US House Bill HR-1639. So we urge every cigar enthusiast to let local government officials know we do not want “big brother” infringing on our freedoms to enjoy a premium cigar.
To let your voice be heard, click here to contact your local state representative and help protect premium cigars from FDA regulation.
For information on the renaming of HR-792 (previously known as HR-1639) – click here.
For free updates on this or other cigar & wine related issues, subscribe to Leaf and Grape today.