Roma Craft Tobac announces the Mode-5 and Blockhead – two new limited edition cigars under the CroMagnon and Aquitaine lines. At this time, both cigars are scheduled to be event-only cigar offerings.
Since the initial release of their CroMagnon line, co-owners Skip Martin and Michael Rosales have really started to create a buzz among enthusiasts who prefer a fuller-bodied cigar.
First up is the all-new Mode-5. This cigar was first reported by HalfWheel back on February 4, 2013. Named after a specific classification of tools used by Early Modern Humans, the Mode-5 comes to us as a 5 x 50 perfecto, is wrapped in a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper with Cameroon binder and Nicaraguan fillers.
The second new release is known as the CroMagnon Blockhead. Leaf and Grape first learned about this cigar during a brief conversation with Roma Craft co-owner Skip Martin. The Blockhead is basically a box-pressed version of the 6 x 54 CroMagnon Cranium.
Mode-5 and Blockhead will join the ranks alongside Atlatl and Slobberknocker as limited event-only cigars.
Details of the full CroMagnon (Aquitaine) line is as follows:
- Name: CroMagnon / Aquitaine
- Brand: Roma Craft Tobacco
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Factory: Fabrica de Tabacos Nica Sueño
- Knuckle Dragger (core – 4 x 52 petite robusto)
- Mandible (core – 4.5 x 60 petite gordo)
- EMH (core – 5 x 56 robusto extra)
- Anthropology (core – 5.75 x 46 grade corona)
- Cranium (core – 6 x 54 toro)
- Atlatl (event only – 7 x 38 lancero)
- Slobberknocker (event only – 7.5 x 56 double-capped parejo)
- Mode-5 (event only – 5 x 50 perfecto)
- Blockhead (event only – 6 x 54 box-pressed toro)
- Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf / Ecuadorian Habano Ligero
- Binder: Cameroon
- Filler: Nicaraguan
- Strength: Medium to Full
- MSRP: $6.50 – $8.50
No further details on Mode-5 or Blockhead are known at this time, stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
Source: Photos and content provided to Leaf and Grape by Roma Craft Tobac.